Thursday, October 22, 2009

An Update to AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010 and Windows 7

It has been a little over 2 weeks since upgrading my OS to Windows 7. So far I have not run into any issues when working in AutoCAD Civil 3D. The software seems to load quicker and respond quicker in most cases. I have had two crashes since installing OS. The first was a BSOD, but I was pushing the OS with Civil 3D, several Office programs, IE and a couple of Virtual Machines running. As best I could tell the crash was actually caused by a driver that I hadn't updated. After updating the driver the only other crash was actually in Civil 3D, but could be attributed to User Error!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you running the 64-bit version?

Whit McCormack, P.E. said...

No, I am running the 32-bit version. I should have clarified in the post.